KETO – Gluten Free – Dairy Free Option – Paleo
Two of my favorite things! Cilantro and Lemon. With Spring sports activities quickly approaching, easy and quick is what I’m shooting for these days. I have tried lots of wings. And over the years I’ve decided I like the small ones and I like them with crunch!
As far as “fryer wings”, most mainstream health professionals consider vegetable oils “healthy,” however, after digging and doing a little research, vegetable oils (used to fry wings) contain large amounts of Omega-6 fatty acids which in excess and without enough Omega-3’s to balance can cause chronic inflammation within the body.
Chronic inflammation is tied to all kinds of fun Western diseases such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes and arthritis. Not to mention the Genetically Modified Organisms (AKA GMO’s) these oils contain. GMO’s are any organism whose genetic material has been altered using genetic engineering techniques. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetically_modified_organism
I’ll just bake them until crispy…THANKS!
For this recipe, I used Organic Chicken drummettes from my local Sprouts. I bought 3 packs to have some for lunch the next day. These are good served cold as well as right out of the oven.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle a tiny amount of olive oil over them. I used a cookie sheet and lined it with parchment paper. Then got my cookie rack out and aligned the drummettes on top of the rack. Do not crowd the wings.
Do not wash the wings and do not pre-season the wings. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Remove the wings from the oven. Chop cilantro and mix in the melted butter (I used grassfed butter as my little girl was at her dads for the evening) but for a dairy free option I would have used (Earth Balance Soy Free Buttery Spread) and Lemon Pepper seasoning and Himalayan pink salt in a small bowl. Brush liberally onto the wings. Stir mixture as you go to be sure each wing has plenty of butter/seasoning.
Place the wings on a platter and serve.
- 4 lbs. organic chicken wings (we like drummettes)
- 1/4 cup olive or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup grass fed butter (or Earth Balance Soy Free Buttery Spread for Dairy free option)
- 2-3 Tablespoons Organic Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Organic Cilantro
- 3 Pinches Himalayan Pink Salt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss wings in avocado or olive oil
- Chop fresh cilantro
- Measure out lemon pepper seasoning, salt and butter
- Place wings on a wire rack set on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, taking care not to crowd wings.
- Bake at 400F for 55-60 minutes or until golden brown and crispy
- Brush mixture of butter, lemon pepper seasoning, cilantro and salt over wings.
- Place on platter and serve immediately